The indian government has recently declared that fastag electronic toll collection will make the fastag mandatory for all vehicles in india. Objective of fastag electronic toll collections is to deduct vehicles flow at the toll gates by creating a payment digital.The central government claimed that the cars will not need to wait at the toll gates for the payment.The government declared that all the vehicles will have to register for this by January 2021.on the other hand,the government will now extend the registration till 15 th February, 2021.The eligible candidates can go to the official website fastag.org and apply for the fastag online.
This article describes the online procedures to apply for the fastag e-toll payments online, features, Benefits and Recharge services available online.I will explains the online procedure to apply for the Fastag e-Toll Payments Online, Features, Benefits, and Recharge Services available online.India’s electronic toll collection chip for national highways, is going to be mandatory for all vehicles.
Benefits of the fastag e-toll collection:-
Let's have a look at the Benefits of the fastag' program. Indian government introduced this program to deduct the flow of vehicles at the toll plazas.
- After attaching the fastags to the vehicles, the vehicles will consume time and fuel for commuting vehicles. However the cars will not need to wait for long hours at toll gates.
- The vehicle owners will recharge their track account online through credit card, debit card, NEFT ,RTGS or net banking. They will get a recharge facility online.
- Using the fastag e-toll collection, the commuters can create hundred percent cashless transactions.
- The state people can take advantage of all the services which are included with the fastag electronic toll payments.
- It assures important transparency in providing toll services all over the nation.
Key highlights of the services:–
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari declared that the first is being created mandatory for all vehicles in India from 1st January 2021 and the date he will extend the date till 15 February 2021.
- The fastag e-toll collection is a computer-readable tag that has been scanned by the scanning device and the amount will be automatically deducted from the account
- If the vehicle owners want to recharge the wallet ,he or she will pay the toll fee.
- Fastag enables the facilities of the users to avail the discount facility on recharge.
- The validity of the fastag will be almost five years from the date of registration.
- The vehicle owners can get the SMS alerts about the toll collection.
- As a Pilot project,the services will begin around 180 toll plazas.
- Fastag depends on the type of vehicle used by the commuter.
- The consumers will be able to recharge a minimum of rupees hundred in their accounts.
Application procedure of the fastag online:-
- First of all,you have to visit the official portal of fastag electronic toll collection.
- It redirects you on the home page.
- Then, you can click on the apply online link of the following page.
- After that, you have to heat on the click here link on the web page.
- Then, you can hit on the new customer button and then apply the option.
- After this, you will see online registration form as shown below-
- You have to input the first name, last name, mother's maiden name, gender and date of birth.
- You can enter mobile number and email ID.
- The system regulates the OTP to the registered mobile number of the OTP and input in the respective field.
- You will have to choose the ID proof and upload the scan copy of ID proof.
- After that,you have to verify all the details and tap on the continue button.
- Now you will go to the address details section and you have to enter address line 1 ,address line 2 ,city, pin code ,state.
- Under the vehicle details you have to choose registration number make and model.
- You can upload an RC copy as shown in the form.
- You will verify all the details and on the continue button.
- After that on the right side the candidates can see the tag details.
- The applicants must carry out all the formalities such as payment on the next page and confirm the application process.
- It enables the received an acknowledgement on the next.
- The applicants will take a print out and keep it safe for future reference.
Fastag E-Toll Collection 2021 FAQ’s
Is it mandatory to affix the Fastag E-Toll Stickers to all the registered vehicles?
Yes, it mandatory for all the vehicles to affix the Fastags on their cars.
What is the main objective of the Fastag Electronic Toll Collection Program 2021?
The Fastag E-Toll Collection initiation’s main objective is to reduce vehicles’ flow at the toll gates by making the payments digital.
What is the last date for applying for the Fastag Online for the citizens?
As announced by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, the last date is extended till 15 February 2021.
What is the minimum amount that an applicant should recharge on their Fastag wallets?
The candidates should recharge their wallets with a minimum of Rupees 100 in their accounts.