Due to increasing cases in the country, various states have imposed lockdowns in their state. Currently, the country is struggling with the second wave of CoronaVirus. Last year when the corona cases were increasing in the country then the nationwide lockdown was imposed by the central government.
But this time the central government has asked every state government to impose the lockdown and curfew as per their state situation. This is very true that lockdown can affect the economy but lockdown is imposing to break the chain of coronavirus.
Lockdown in Jharkhand
As the cases of coronavirus are increasing very rapidly in Jharkhand so the state government has decided to impose the complete lockdown except for essential and emergency movement. The lockdown in the state is from 22nd Apr till 31st May. The main purpose of imposing a lockdown is so that the movement of the general public would be stopped for some days and it can break the series of this virus.
The movement of the general public is halted by the lockdown but if someone wants to travel from one place to another place for any kind of urgency then the person should apply for a Jharkhand E-Pass by the Jharkhand Government.
Who can Apply for Jharkhand E-Pass?
During the lockdown in Jharkhand state, the government has given relaxation for certain individuals to travel in this lockdown by providing a movement E-Pass. The list of people who can apply for the E-Pass is mentioned below.
- Having any Emergency reason.
- The person is on the duty of Covid-19.
- Working in essential service sectors like Paramedical Services, Essential Goods Service, Food Delivery Service and Pharmaceuticals.
The process to Apply for Jharkhand E-Pass
Previously the Jharkhand E-Pass was provided through the official website “epassjharkhand.nic.in” of the Jharkhand Government after the approval of the concerned authorities. But after many people found it very difficult to apply for E-Pass through the website, this process has been stopped by the state government.
Now the state government of Jharkhand initiated a mobile-based application with the help of police authorities for E-Pass. Through this App, people can apply for the E-Pass to travel into three states Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh & Odisha. There are 3 types of E-Pass is available through mobile App which are
- E-Pass for certain distance movement
- For the Movement within the State
- For the movement from one state to another state
How to Apply for an E-Pass?
Below mentioned are the steps through which anyone can apply for Jharkhand E-Pass.
- First of all, you need to download the mobile application ‘Pragyaam’ from the play store or app store.
- After installing the app you will find a Jharkhand E Pass option. You need to click on that option.
- When the page opens you will be prompted to enter your mobile number. You would get an OTP on your number and this will help you to log in.
- Now click on ‘Vehicle E-Pass’ and choose the category for which you want to apply for E-Pass.
- You will see a blue coloured button and you need to click on that button.
- The E-Pass application form will be open on your screen wherein you need to enter the required details and also need to upload the required documents.
- When you submit all the details then you will get an SMS confirmation with the status of your E-Pass with the download link.
- With this download link, you can download your E-Pass.
What Details would be Required for an E-Pass?
While applying for the Jharkhand E-Pass you need to enter the below-mentioned details.
- Vehicle Number
- Type of Vehicle
- Name of Applicant
- Contact Number
- Area & Territory
- Number of Persons
- Government ID Proof
- E-Pass Type
- Date of Movement