Amid movement of large number of people stranded in different places of country during nationwide lockdown due to COVID-19 the Central government has made some relaxation in rules and passed new order so that these people can return to their home states . After this the Odisha state government is anticipating return of almost 5lac people to the state and hence launched an online portal covid19.odisha.gov.in for registration of such people, where they have to fill-up compulsory registration form to return to the state.
Mandatory Registration For Migrants The state government on Friday formally launched a portal covid19.odisha.gov.in for registration of names and details of people who want to return to the state. To contain the spread of pandemic in state the government has made this registration mandatory. “Anyone who wants to return Odisha via any means (air/road/train) is required to fill-up the registration form online/offline” said Panchayati Raj minister Shri Pratap Jaina. These forms are also available in every Gram Panchayat office in printed as well as digital format. Without filling up the form entry to the state will not be allowed.
Odisha Migrant Workers Return Registration
The Odisha state government has been largely successful in containment of deadly virus in state and does not want to take any risk amid return of such large number of people to the state, which poses the danger of spread of disease if not handled with proper planning and strategy. The main aim of portal is to have a track record of each and every person returning to state. Mr.Subroto Bagchi, Spokesperson, Odisha state government on COVID-19 said “ The state government has been successful in containing the spread of highly infectious disease in initial stage by making it mandatory the registration of people who returned from abroad, now the same strategy is being adopted for migrants returning from different states within the country.
Odisha Registration of Migrants
|Odisha Registration of Migrants
|Migrant workers in other states residents of Odisha
|Providing facilities to bring them back home
Travel (Air/ Train) Charges Help Scheme Eligibility
1. Beneficiaries who want to come back to the native place by Train or Bus/road or Air mush enrol yourself online by filling up the registration form.
2. Applicants must be a permanent citizen of Odisha State and he/ she should have the Odisha govt-issued labour card.
3. Beneficiaries must provide proper details without errors. The Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
4. Before entering into the state, beneficiaries must complete the quarantine rules.
Important Instructions to be followed by the Migrant Workers:
1. While travelling by any source, Migrant Workers should maintain social distancing.
2. Use a Face mask to protect yourself from the Coronavirus secondary contact.
3. Before arrival to Odisha state, Migrant Workers and their family members must complete their 14 days Quarantine as per the govt rules.
4. If anyone needs to register the scheme must enter correct and genuine details.
5. While travelling by road/ Air/ Train, Migrant Workers must wash your hands in every 20 minutes once.
Odisha Migrant Workers Registration Portal
Anyone who wish to return to state can access the form using government official portal covid19.odisha.gov.in
On home page they can fill up form by clicking on “fillup registration form” tab on menu bar.
Where all the terms and conditions for registration have been given.
After clicking on proceed button registration form will appear.
Filling all detail here they can submit the form.
Not only this the status of applications can also be checked on portal by clicking on “know your status” tab, here they have to enter their registered mobile number and adhar card details to check the status.
The portal also provides the facility to modify the details if entered incorrect by any chance.
Mr. Naba Kishor Das, Minister Heath & Family welfare, Odisha , in a video conferencing with Union Health Minister Dr. Harshvardhan demanded corona test of migrants at the place they are stuck, before returning to the state.