West Bengal E-Pass | Check Status, Apply Online
Currently, our country is suffering from the second wave of the corona pandemic. The second wave of coronavirus is more deadly than the previous wave. There is a massive spike in fresh cases every day along with the deceased count. Last year the nationwide lockdown was imposed by the central government but this time central asked the state to decide if the lockdown is required in their respective states.
So far our country was fighting very good against this pandemic and we were very close to overcoming the Covid-19 but our carelessness leads to the worst of these diseases.
Lockdown in West Bengal
As we are very well aware that during lockdown such usual activities are allowed. No one is allowed to visit any type of gathering. Also during the lockdown, all the commercial activities have been closed. To break the chain of this deadly virus the state government of West Bengal has imposed a lockdown in the state. The government is asking the people to wear the mask and also keep their hands sanitized at frequent intervals.
E-Pass for Travelling in West Bengal
During the Lockdown in West Bengal, it has been requested by the government to not move in the state without any urgent work as it can lead to heavy fines & also imprisonment. The people who are working in essential service sectors can only roam around the state during the lockdown and for that purpose E-Pass is mandatory.
Every state has different rules and regulations for the lockdown, to travel in West Bengal during lockdown E-Pass is required. To obtain the E-Pass the process is very simplified and it is an Online process. Before applying for E-Pass the person needs to understand all the regulations and guidelines. The lockdown in West Bengal will be imposed till 30th May.
How to Apply for West Bengal E-Pass
The E-Pass can only be provided to those who want to commute for any emergency work and the same needs to submit some relevant documents. The person needs to visit https://wb.gov.in/ wherein any person can take the help related to government support during the lockdown. To apply for the E-Pass just read the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all the person needs to visit the official website of the West Bengal Government which is https://wb.gov.in/.
- Then you will find two options as Inter-District Travel and Intra District Travel so for the same, you need to click on the preferred option.
- Now you will see an Online Registration form where you need to fill in the complete details. In which you have to submit your personal details, vehicle details, the Date for the E-Pass is required, where you want to travel and the reason for travelling.
- After filling in all details click on the Disclaimer option and then click on the ‘Submit’ option to complete your E-Pass request.
How to Apply for Kolkata Police Area E-Pass
If anyone wants to obtain the Kolkata E-Pass then it can only be obtained from the official portal.
- Visit the official website which is https://coronapass.kolkatapolice.org/
- Now read all the instructions carefully and click on the ‘I Agree’ tab.
- On the next page, you need to choose between the option of Individual and organisations.
- After selecting your choice you will see an application form for the same on the next page. You just need to fill in all the details.
- Now upload your image and required documents.
- After uploading the documents enter the captcha and you also need to tick where it is mentioned that you will not travel to any of the containment zones.
- At last, you need to click on the Submit button to submit your application form.
Who can Obtain West Bengal E-Pass
The state government of West Bengal has advised that E-Pass would only be issued to those who are having any kind of emergency or any other specific purpose. The E-Pass can be provided to the person who belongs to the below-mentioned sectors.
- Essential Supplies of Food, Medicine & Groceries.
- E-commerce Delivery
- Emergency Duty
- Construction Activities
- Standalone Shops
How to Check the E-Pass Status
To check E-Pass status kindly follow the below-mentioned steps.
- just visit the official website of the West Bengal Government which is https://wb.gov.in
- Now you need to sign in by using a User ID and password to access the portal.
- After login into the portal you will be able to know the current status of your application whether it is Rejected, Approved or Pending.